FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Doctor, Dear Doctor

As you know, I took Friday and Saturday off from working out in favor of reclining in prep for the gigs those nights. Reclining really does pay off, huh?

But Sunday before your awesome Superbowl party, I ran outside in the SUNLIGHT for four miles. There was no wind, and I had my podcasts to move me along: it's a novel I'm listening to by a Canadian author whose voice reminds me of my Canadian brother, so I pretend he's reading to me... not sure why that keeps me running, but it works. When I got back home, I did 100 pushups and 150 (various) abs. The pushups included 25 pike and 25 decline, with some coaching from an elementary school student who seemed very very unimpressed with my performance. Later, Jesse van Halen dared me to do one pushup with perfect form.

Tonight's workout was kinda the same. I was torn between going to the gym or using the gear at home and focusing on Men's Health exercises. Due to extreme credit card activity and the trauma which followed, I opted for the gym. Just two miles on the treadmill and then:
150 ab crunches (various); 100 overhead triceps, frogs on the ball, dumbbell single arm rows, squat jumps, prisoner (lunge) jumps, squat to dumbbell curl to overhead press; 50 bench press on the ball, chest flyes on the ball, skull crushers on the ball. I think I'm forgetting one of the 100s... I did not do pushups tonight, due to Jesse Van Halen's dare.

I wish Josh of Seagulls would tell us about his workouts because I have a feeling they're terrifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment