FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's time for an increase!

So I told myself that in February, I would increase my Saturday morning runs to 8 miles. The plan is to then increase again in March to 10 miles every Saturday. In April I will get in at least one 12 miler and then I will be ready for the 1/2 marathon at the end of April.

Today was the first Saturday in February. I was primed by the lovely weather we had all week--sunny and 50-60's. It would be my release from the treadmill! I would have to wear my big vest because I need the zippered pockets to hold my pager and cell phone (I am still Dr. nln, after all). My run had to wait till after clinic, during which time I tried tirelessly to convince Miss Lynndi to join me on my run (while still managing to see 14 patients over 3 hours). I finished clinic at noon and headed outside...where it was less than 30 degrees, 18 mph winds and raining! WTF?? Where did the sun and warmth go? And why does it always disappear on the weekends when I might actually have a chance to enjoy it??

I decided the hell with running outside. I DID get my 8 mile run in, on the treadmill. And at a faster pace than I usually run, so I guess that was a good thing. I didn't do anything else because tomorrow is Renegade ABC and I plan to make it one worthy of Superbowl Sunday!

As I type this, the last batch of chocolate chip cookies are coming out of the oven (making necessary the aforementioned Superbowl-worthy workout)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment