FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Welcome to 2012! And what better way to ring in the new year than with a group workout? ABC was fun, if not painful. It is amazing how, when I am sitting on my sofa eating nachos and watching football, the workout doesn't seem to be that heavy in shoulder work. But in REALITY, it ended up being a whole lotta shoulder work...and apparently, I have very wimpy shoulders because even with a mere 5 pound weight it was TOUGH!

Dr. nln tends to shy away from making new year's resolutions...

If I DO make any, I usually keep them to myself. However, I will make one exception for this blog--in the hopes that readers (and let's be honest, that means YOU Lynndi) will hold me accountable! I would really like to incorporate speedwork and hillwork in my running. I am very good at doing that when I am training for a marathon, but once the race is done, I just go back to my usual 6 mile runs. There! I have said it. Let's hope that come June I won't be blogging about failed resolutions!!

1 comment:

  1. My 2012 resolution should be to try more things like this, your gift to me:

    The "Run Like a Dog" Workout:

    Warmup: walk 8 seconds
    trot 4 seconds
    stop. sniff.
    sprint 7 seconds
    freeze.
    walk 5 seconds in any direction but forward
    pause. stare for 9 seconds
    lunge at rabbit.
    stop.
    double back, walk 3 seconds.
    urinate.
    repeat 6-8 times.
    cooldown: collapse on rug

    ReplyDelete