FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My New Year's Resolution Worked Out Pretty Well

What was it anyway? I think my NY resolution was to execute one pull-up. That sounds like it's not asking much, but you and I both know that I am so far from being able to do one single stinking pull-up that this is a great goal to set and work on.

Sadly, I chose to take the Alex in Chains' Fitness Challenge. As if I could keep up with a 21 year old ex-cheerleader. I took her plan to heart though and hurt myself pretty badly. This is the FOURTH CONSECUTIVE DAY of not working out at all! I even went to the ER today! How sad.

So tomorrow I might go to Sports Med for a more extensive evaluation. I will do at least 100 pushups, situps, tricep dips. Maybe more than 100 and maybe a bunch of strength and core exercises too because time DOES permit when you don't have a gig and can't go outside for a life-threatening six mile run and are too humiliated to hit the gym. So kick it, nln, you're doing the cardio for both of us now.

Anyway, I dare our loyal readers to attempt the Alex in Chains' Fitness Challenge. It truly does hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment