FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Today I did a naked run!

Don't get too excited by the title of this post. There is nothing remotely sexy about my run. In fact, I rarely wear as many layers as I did today when I was out there. BUT, I did strip myself of both my watch and my iPod (I was still the "on duty" Dr. nln until noon, so I did have my pager in one pocket and my cell phone in the other) and I just ran for the sheer pleasure of running. I highly recommend trying this...well, I highly recommend it if you are the kind of person who can turn off your brain and get out of your head and just enjoy a great run. If you a million thoughts going through your brain then I suggest putting your iPhone on the airplane setting so that no one can disturb your run, put on a pod cast and GO!!

It was a brisk (and by brisk I mean f@cking cold) morning. The weather channel app says it was 30 degrees but with the 19mph winds it felt like 18 degrees. I wore layers. Multiple layers. My core was warm but my fingers, despite the under armour cold gear gloves were FREEZING!

I only ran 4.25 miles because that's all I had time for between making rounds in the morning and the Illini game at 1:00. And NOW it's time for nap #2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment