FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Which Weekend Run was the Bigger Waste of Time and Water?

Saturday's 5.5 mile run was ill-fated, for sure. I put on the Asics cause my Newton Evolutions are getting really worn down. I was FLYING for the first 1.5 miles in those solid Asics. Suddenly, I realized that even thought I'd hydrated suffiently and the heat was less intense than during my recent midday runs, I had had a little too much breakfast. I had to walk FOREVER and finally just sat down at a park bench in the shade to read stuff on my phone. I walked/ran/crawled to the gym and did 100 pushups (progressive! on the ball! with intervening squat jumps with the ball!) and 100 various crunches on the ball, including evil ball passes. Then I ran/walked/cried another three miles. So much sweat though. Oh yeah, and I found this in the yard...


I wanted to make up for it on Sunday, so I reached the perfect combo of hydration, caffeination, and motivation, put the Newtons back on (to avoid blisters made by Asics with mini-socks) and ran five miles. I had to walk a few times and kept wondering why. Later I learned that it was in the high nineties, which kind of matters when there's no shade for the entire five miles. Once again, could have used my sweat to water the cornfields, if my sweat were less toxic. Here's someone who knows how to stay in the air conditioned house and out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment