FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting Caught Up

On Saturday, we just didn't have a lot of time before leaving for the gig, so I kept it simple with two sets of 25 each of:
upright rows, bicep curls, standing abs (knee to elbow, each side),
chest pulls, shoulder raises each side, tricep pulls each side, standing abs (knee to chest, each leg),
squat with shoulder lift (had to bust out a lighter resistance band to stretch it all the way up),
standing back rows each arm, deep plie side bends (elbow to knee, each side)

On Sunday, I ran 5.5 miles in the rain with my shoes full of water and my headphones on the fritz. I found that I could stash my phone and the busted headphones in my bra, speaker side up, and hear the podcast (about brain wiping) as long as I chose side streets where there were fewer cars making splashing sounds as they passed. Running on previously uncharted side streets brings lots of backtracking out of unmarked dead ends, as with any labyrinth, so this was probably a six mile run but easy due to the nicer temp. Because my feet were drenched the whole time, I got blisters in all new places, and then relatedly, my hair was ratted out of control even though it was in the usual pony tail. I really like running in the rain, even with these surprise effects.

On Monday, I shopped for Josh of Seagulls' birthday at Dick's, which means I had to buy some things for myself too. My workout for the day was testing various medicine ball (8 lb) exercises with the birthday boy, getting a foot massage from his bestie, and writing possible workouts which could use the new equipment and be done at home.

Tonight I tried some medicine ball workouts the doctor found for me online - one from Shape magazine (8 exercises) and one from Men's Health (10). After those, I ran 3.5 miles and then did several shoulder exercises with lighter handweights. WHAT FUN! And today I even got to see the Doc!

No comments:

Post a Comment