FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I saw Lynndi again!!

But this time I saw her on HER turf!  I realized (at 7:30 last night) that property taxes were due today.  Since there wasn't enough time to mail the check, I had to travel to the Brookens Administration building to drop off my check at the County Clerk's office.  While, I wasn't thrilled about having one more item added to my already busy day of nursery rounds, meetings and clinic, I knew I would get to see Lynndi in her office so that made it worth the while!

I never realized just how glamorous Lynndi was when sitting at her desk all day long but such glamor should be shared with the world...or at the very least, with the three people who read this blog:

Those are some seriously bitchin' slippers Lynndi!

Slamma, I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to workout.  Maybe you need a pair of those slippers to wear during your recovery period!

After I got my fashion lesson from Lynndi, I went back to the hospital for the first of two meetings.  As luck would have it, the second meeting was cancelled so I got to go to the gym over my lunch hour!!  Today was speedwork.  I did a 2 mile warm up at usual speed.  then I did 6 quarter mile repeats at 8.3 miles per hour (with a 40 sec walking recovery between the repeats) and finished with a 2mile cooldown.  I also did some of my ab work.  After that, I showered and went to WORK.  

3 comments:

  1. I would have to have just one slipper but those are pretty awesome Lyndi;)As I sat here and read through posts I was reminded how important it is going to be for me to keep up my core and upper body strength through this process. Any additional ideas that don't involve the use of feet would be appreciated. The next derby season starts mid January and I would like to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to have just one slipper but those are pretty awesome Lyndi;)As I sat here and read through posts I was reminded how important it is going to be for me to keep up my core and upper body strength through this process. Any additional ideas that don't involve the use of feet would be appreciated. The next derby season starts mid January and I would like to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SLAMMA! You have come to the right place for CORE exercises. There's nothing we like to talk about more than core exercises, except sometimes neuroscience. Dr. nln and I are ready and might just have to post our ideas for you in a separate place, since we have so many great suggestions. Back is the missing half of most core workouts, but not for us, so you can totally say that we've got your back!

    ReplyDelete