FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Getting Up to Date

Tuesday's five mile run was fine, no issues, and I followed it with 50 bicycles and 50 penguins. Here is the ominous sighting of the evening, because I suppose whoever left it this way along the shoulder of the highway left in worse shape than the cable:



After that, things got strange, thanks to my old friend, Severe Lower Back Pain. I've reluctantly made an appoitnment with a professional, feeling that if it's DDD again, it could be the cause of my recent tumbles, all on the left side and due to scuffling left foot (foot drop). Or the pain itself could be related to healing the injuries from tumbling. The more I listen to neuroscience audiobooks, the less I understand. Hot tub is a great remedy, but sitting and living are not. Fearing that all this impact can't be helping, I did yoga on Wednesday and Thursday, this workout right here:



And it was surprisingly nice!

However, people being people, I am determined to return to the road, either Friday or Saturday. Brendan Goes to Hollywood is threatening to join me for the Tar Heels medicine ball workout, with cardio intervals added because we only have the one medicine  ball, but if he doesn't, I might just hit the pavement.

Finally, either the yoga got to me or pain causes me to wax philosophical. Here on the eve of the Autumnal Equinox, I'm reading random words of guidance and taking them to mean more than the author probably intended:

Every temptation, every trial and test can and will be overcome in  your everyday lives and living when you seek My help and with your hand in Mine face each one as it comes up, realizing that each one that is overcome and defeated helps you to grow in strength and stature, letting in more and more Light into your lives and pushing out and dispersing all darkness. When a soul has many hardships to overcome, it either becomes hard, bitter, and twisted or else it grows in understanding, opens its heart, loves more, and finds something new and beautiful in the lessons it has to learn along life's path. Never harden your hearts or become resentful and bitter, but see in it a lesson which has to be learnt. Learn that lesson without any resistance and so grow in stature. It is resistance towards life that dehydrates a soul.

I liked it because it's true in the physical world too, every challenge (decline pushups, box jumps, resistance training) we work through makes our bodies look and BE stronger, so even though I feel like I'm dying right now, I have this proof that I'm really not.

No comments:

Post a Comment