FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Great Outdoors

Last night, I kept it simple with a 4.5 mile run around the block and then a series the doc found on fitness magazine online: resistance tube abs workout. The last exercise in that series was alternating side planks, and the tube kept slipping off my feet and threatening to slap me hard, so I did 50 lower/upper crunches instead.

Today I issued this challenge to Josh of Seagulls, but I got it done in 27 minutes so I added on for an additional 11 minutes:

40 reps, then 30, then 20, and then 10, of the following series, using our new matching 8 pound medicine balls:
- offset pushes, rolling the ball from one hand to the other (40/30/20/10 total)
- soccer drill (toes touch the ball, 40/30/20/10 per foot)
- with both hands on the ball, burpees from pushup position through squat jump
- v-sit with rotation
-overhead triceps, holding the ball
- high knees with ball
- woodchoppers (Peggy style)
- suitcase crunches

And here's the stuff I added:
- on all fours, 50 leg lifts per leg
- "circles" standing with ball, 25 in each direction
- 50 woodchoppers (Men's Health magazine style) tossing the ball in the air
- on all fours, 50 fire hydrants per leg
- 25 figure 8s, standing with the ball
- 50 penguins (per side)

I did this out in the woods. I hope josh had as much fun as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment