FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolution #1 for 2012...

nln resolves to NOT recreate tonight's dinner in 2012. what was on the dinner menu you ask?
Let's see...there was a granny smith apple and almonds. Sounds pretty healthy, right? Yeah, then things took a wrong turn and my meal was completed with sugar-free butter pecan ice cream topped with chocolate syrup and a sliver of chocolate cake (yes, it DOES beg the question why sugar free ice cream if you are going to top it with massive quantities of sugar. I will leave it to Lynndi Lauper to explain why). Dinner concluded with a bowl of cheez-its. It was decidedly not my healthiest dinner.

I DID however work out hard enough today to possibly make that meal not a complete caloric disaster. I ran 6 miles (all at once...I can't do the one mile on one mile off thing) followed by all kinds of core work. THEN I went home and cleaned my house (vacuumed, mopped AND dusted), did the laundry, did a reverse house call (my patient came to MY house and I examined her, cause sometimes that's what you gotta do when you are a doctor) and even did a little shopping!!

I will try to end 2011 on a better note (and meal)!!

1 comment:

  1. It's cause I don't eat sugar so I buy sugar free ice cream for me when I buy regular ice cream for the other people who live here, but all of that gets eaten first so then you have no other choice but to have the nasty sugar free stuff with me. You make it manageable by adding REAL dessert to the bowl.

    ReplyDelete