FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

and now we start increasing the mileage...

What a difference a week makes!

Last weekend WS and I ran at 7am.  It was already blazingly hot and we had worked up a sweat just standing outside!

Today, we started our run at 6:30am.  For those of you who don't know me, I am not a morning person.   In order for me to be ready to run at 6:30, I need to get up at 5:15 so that I have enough time to eat my peanut butter toast and have coffee and more importantly to DIGEST said pb toast and coffee.  5:15!  AM!  

I was in a deep, almost comatose sleep when my blaring alarm terrifyingly woke me up (I use the tone on the iPhone that sounds like an air raid signal, you know the one I am talking about)!  After my heart rate returned to normal, I checked the weather channel app (yes, I know last post I said I didn't believe them anymore, but I have nothing else to go by) to see if would even need a shirt or if I could just run in my jog bra.  Imagine my shock when I saw that the temperature was only 51 degrees!!  This is HALF the temperature that we have seen in the previous weeks!  For a brief moment, I actually contemplated wearing my running capris, but then I settled on shorts and a LONG SLEEVED running shirt.

We have started increasing mileage, so today was a 12 mile run.  What a fantastic run!  My legs haven't felt this strong in a long time.  It is SOOOOO much easier to run in cool weather.  Unfortunately, I don't hold out much hope that it will be cool on marathon day...but hey, I can hope!

And now, it is time for a NAP!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment