FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I saw Lynndi!

I ran 3 miles to her house yesterday.
Then we ran 3 miles back to the gym.
Then I broke out in hives from head to toe!  I went home and took 2 benadryl and then slept for 10 hours!!!!

But that was YESTERDAY and this is today!

Today I had my last physical therapy session.  My trainer repeated the strength tests that she did at the beginning of our training sessions 2 and a half months ago.  She was very impressed with how much stronger I am.  She thinks (and I agree) that with a much stronger core that my marathon running will be improved and that my times will be better.  Unfortunately, the marathon I am doing in November is not a flat course in the city.  It is on all kinds of different terrain (beach, rainforest, hills) so my time will not be faster but I think I will feel stronger throughout and I will be able to tell the difference during my training runs along the flat streets of Chambana.

The workout I did today was on the flat belt of the treadmill.  I was a bit nervous after yesterday's hive fiasco (my skin is still sore from scratching those darn hives...and if you didn't already know it, scratching hives only results in MORE hives) so I did speedwork indoors.  I did a 2 mile warm up at my usual pace, then did six 1/4 mile repeats, running each of the 1/4 miles at a faster pace.  Then a 2 mile cool down.  My legs were shot after that workout.  I did a little more core work after running (roll outs on the stability ball, scissors, ball passes, obliques with med ball).  It felt very good and no more hives!!!  

Tomorrow:  hill work...more running ramps at the stadium.

I am hoping to actually see Lynndi again (maybe I will get to claim MY corner of the couch and we can have salads and bad television)!!!

1 comment:

  1. BALL PASSES!
    Oh my. I really have to come to the gym on my last possible day there and do everything we can think of with those red stability balls. Even the dreaded ball passes... sigh.

    ReplyDelete