FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Setbacks and Resets

I have been having pain in my right foot for quite some time now. As one of my best friends says if I state my pain is between a 4-5 it's really a 7-8. It started out as a nagging pain in my right foot, gradually it moved up my foot into my ankle and eventually my knee. Over the past month it got worse every week. Finally I accepted the inevitable and went to the doctor. My arch had a huge bump on it. I researched this online and it turns out it was a navicular bone. Basically an extra bone in the arch of my foot. Its very common among women however is aggravated by very athletic women who run or skate or do high intensity workouts. What happened is that it has gotten very inflamed, which in turn has caused stress on the tendon that runs from your foot to your knee. If I was to continue without treatment I would destroy that tendon which would be a problem because it's one of the main ones in your legs. So..the doc decided steroids and rest in an air cast would be best to give that tendon a rest and the inflammation around the bone the time to heal. She thinks in 2 weeks I can be back on skates again with some orthodontic inserts. If not we may be looking at surgery. Either way I know my body needs rest so I am listening. She said I could still lift weights with the upper body and swim for endurance workouts so that's what I'll be doing. It is, however, frustrating to know that this is caused from being 'healthy'. Still...I wouldn't trade in my perfect blood pressure, 2 sizes droped in clothing, or low cholestrol for a 'normal' foot.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Slamma, please listen to your doctor and rest that foot. I had what I thought was a navicular injury and the sports medicine doctor I saw was talking about having to do surgery. thankfully, much like your injury, all I needed to do was rest and wear that darn walking boot for a month or so!

    ReplyDelete