FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sweet Jeebus it is HOT outside!

Have I mentioned that marathon training has officially begun?  Well, actually, it "officially" began 4 weeks ago.  The training schedule has us ("us" being me and WS--who is the only other person I know crazy enough to embark on this adventure) running 4 days a week, cross training 2 days a week and taking one day off to rest.

Oh, and for those of you new to the blog (or don't gmail chat with me all day long) the adventure is a marathon in Australia in November!

Every running day also has a specific purpose.  Monday is cadence work, Tuesdays speedwork, Wednesdays hillwork and Saturdays are long runs.  Today is Wednesday.  That means hills.  You may have noticed that here in Chambana, we don't have hills.  So, we ran the parking garage in downtown Champaign.  We started with a 20 min "warm up."  Turns out that when it is 90+ degrees outside, the warm up very quickly turns into a "damn hot" up!  It was actually a relief to run the parking garage because we were in the shade.  Other than having to dodge a few cars, it was actually not bad.  We ran to the top of the garage and back down twice.  Then we did a cool down run back to my house.  Again, the term "cool down" takes on a new meaning when you actually end up hotter than you were during the workout.  I was sweating something awful by the end of the workout and my quads were angry with me, but it felt good!

after that, I ate my body weight in my mom's Indian cookin' and that felt good too!!!!


2 comments:

  1. For my own anti-marathon training (I'll still be in the midwest in November), tonight I ran four miles, but I did it with intentionally higher than normal knees. I figure that if I think they're really really high, then my feet are probably almost coming off the ground. So that, of course, was more exhausting than the usual shuffle. I listened to a BSP on Cognitive Dissonance, which was nicely connected to the one yesterday on Pop Psy Myths, and when I got home I did 25 bicep curls, 25 suitcase crunches, 25 v-sit rotating with weight, 50 side ab crunches with weight, 25 tricep dips, 25 bicep curls, and 25 more tricep dips. Then we had trout in a spicy thai sauce plus brussels sprouts. Then I ignored the Olympics while you and everyone else tried to make me see them.

    Tomorrow evening, my marathon training will continue with perhaps a bike ride and a lazy swim. Or bench presses and stuff. Who cares?

    P.S. Slamma is down. She's threatening to swim. I hope she keeps blogging while she rehabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will!!!! Neena this is amazing! I wish I could go to Australia to cheer you on! I am in an air cast but I AM going to swim! I will post more! But in the meantime you have inspired me with weight lifting!

    ReplyDelete