FAQs

At least once a day, Lynndi Lauper and Doctor nln ask each other this question. But it's really code for 'share your workout plan'. And if there is no workout plan, the convo gets even more supercharged as it turns to special topics like injuries, therapies, out of town guests, extensive travel requirements of the gig, or exhaustion. And the other most FAQ is "What are you eating for dinner?" Doctor nln and Lynndi have so much combined knowledge that blogging it was inevitable.

Witness as we beat ourselves up with hideous workout plans and then gorge on lemon heads and sugar free ice cream.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

I no longer believe the weather forecast

According to the weather channel app on my iPhone, it was supposed to be "72 degrees and mostly cloudy" this morning.  yeah right!

It felt like a thousand degrees and 100% humidity at 7am.  It is never good when you are dripping with sweat while you are still waiting for the GPS watch to catch a satellite!  I think I sweat off half my sunscreen before the first mile.  By the way, would someone please remind WS that even if she doesn't "like the feel of sunscreen on my legs" she still needs to wear it, her legs are not immune to skin cancer.

So, after treating WS like a 3 year old child and forcibly applying the sunscreen to her legs, we set out for a 10 mile run.  This is the shortest run we will do until week 14 when we start our taper.  Although it was both hot and humid, it turns out there actually was a light breeze.  We didn't notice it for the first five miles because it was pretty much at our backs the whole time.  however, at mile 5 we stopped for water and power gel and turned back around to head home.  It was a mercifully cool breeze and it helped blow the dripping sweat off of us!  The run felt pretty good.

When I got home I had a gatorade and a protein shake.  I took a short ice bath, which felt INCREDIBLE!  Now I am clean and rested.  I am confused by the sport of "Olympic Trampoline" (which is what I am watching as I type this).  While I certainly don't doubt the athleticism of these olympians, I wonder if in the years to come we will also see olympic hula hoop and pogo stick????

1 comment:

  1. I could get into Olympic Jump Rope.

    As you know from our chance encounter at the Farmer's Market, my 9:30AM run was also a study in the merits of hydration: my ear buds were so waterlogged they stopped working, which led to me becoming instantly bored with the whole concept of running across town, so I got a ride and ended up running about 4 miles instead of 5. HA HA.

    Last night's workout was more sensible. i did resistance bands (biceps, triceps, chest pulls, overhead shoulder press, upright rows, standing rows) and various ab crunches and then a violent late evening swim with children.

    Who knows what tomorrow will bring! While I'm considering joining the ABC gang, I worry that it will be too rough for me or that I will love it just as much as ever and regret having quit the gym. Maybe I'll just loaf around all day planning to do a bench press or two.

    ReplyDelete